Web3D 2023 Metaverse Workshop: Building 3D Web Interoperability for the Metaverse
Metavere Workshop: “Building 3D Web Interoperability for the Metaverse“ “Building 3D Web Interoperability for the Metaverse“
Oct 11th, 2023 from 14:30-16:30 PM (CET). Registration is still open (on-line or inperson) - Discounted registration for only this workshop.
Coordinators and presenters : Johannes Behr (Threedy), Anita Havele (Web3D Consortium), Nicholas Polys (Virginia Tech),
This workshop will provide a platform for Industry, Metaverse Standards Forum (MSF), Standards development Organizations (SDO) and Browser developers to present and discuss how best to make the Metaverse fully interoperable with the WWW in order to enable new Metaverse capabilities.
This workshop brings together participants from around the world with the goal of building a strong foundation for an open, interoperable Metaverse. The workshop will include presentations and discussions topics:
- The nature of Metaverse Interoperability and paths to Interoperability
- The variety of relevant Standards and technology roles in the Metaverse stack
- The recently charted Metaverse Standards Forum (MSF) Working Group, “3D Web Interoperability”
- Scoping what the Metaverse IS NOT
- How Use Cases and Scenarios can help clarify what the Metaverse IS.
- SDOs engagement and Industry Support
In this emerging space and perspectives; we hope this Workshop will push our understanding and terminology forward and also provide the community with an actionable set of common referents and goals.