Public Mailing Lists
The Web3D Consortium supports a number of public mailing lists. Anyone may subscribe to any of these mailing lists or access the archives.
By signing up for this public list you acknowledge and agree that your email address may be visible to the public and through Internet searches.
- x3d-public is a public discussion list on all topics related to the authoring and use of Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics.
- heritage is a public discussion list for the Cultural and Natural Heritage working group.
- medical-public is a public discussion list on all topics relating to medical visualization
- semantics-public is a public discussion list on all topics relating to X3D Semantic Web topics.
- www-vrml is a public discussion list on all topics related to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML97).
- source mailing list is for Xj3D, jgeom and other open-source software projects sponsored by the Web3D Consortium.
Nearby: Members-only Consortium mailing lists include CAD, Geospatial (X3D Earth), Humanoid Animation (H-Anim), Medical, X3D Semantic Web, and X3D Graphics Working Groups. The web3d.org mailman site shows all lists.
|Mailing Lists||Current Mail Archives (April 2009 and later)||Original Mail Archives (prior to April 2009)|
|x3d-public||x3d-public mail archives||not available|
|heritage||heritage mail archives||none, established June 2015.|
|medical-public||medical-public mail archives||none, established August 2016.|
|semantics-public||semantics-public mail archives||none, established October 2019.|
|www-vrml||www-vrml mail archives||not available|
|source||source code mail archives||not available|
|web3d-announce||web3d-announce mail archives||not available|
Archives of all Web3D Consortium mailing lists are carefully maintained. The mail management software was changed on 1 April 2009, resulting in different archive and retrieval systems. Table entries should access the correct version of the archives.
There are no inactive public lists.
This list is only for members of the Web3D Consortium. If you believe you are getting this message in error, please contact the Executive Director at https://www.web3d.org/contact. You can join the Consortium at https://www.web3d.org/join.
The message above is sent when the mailing list manager (generally the working group chair) either
- Has determined you are not a member of the Consortium
- Has not been able to determine if you are a member of the Consoritum.
If you get this message and are a member of the Consortium, please contact the Executive Director and indicate which mailing list you wish to join.
If you are not a member of the Consortium, then please join so you can participate in the discussion.