Review Opportunity - Humanoid Animation (HAnim) v2 Draft International Specification (DIS)
Dear X3D and H-Anim users,
The Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) Working Group has diligently worked for three years to update the ISO 19774-1 Humanoid Animation Part I Architecture and 19774-2 H-Anim Part 2 Motion Animation standard. Now the H-Anim Working Group needs your perusal to identify errors and offer questions, or corrections, within the scope of editorial work approved by ISO SC24. Our deadline is to ship Board-approved Draft International Standard (DIS) prose by 31 May. Review drafts are now online at
- WEB3D > STANDARDS > H-ANIM: All H-Anim Standards
We are asking X3D and H-Anim experts to join the consortium and participate is this important time sensitive task. All expert reviews in this important domain are welcome.
Information assets for Web3D Consortium Members include our task tracker Urgent HAnim Specification Improvements for DIS Submission on Google Docs.
Here’s how to help:
Send review comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Web3D teleconference calls each Wednesday 1700-1830 pacific.
Please identify errors and potential corrections no later than *18 May 2018*
Membership has value. Our Consortium relationships are vital for managing this standard, we want your understanding of its value. So please consider joining Web3D to influence Web3D technology of the future. More information how to join the consortium is available here: http://www.web3d.org/join.
Here are some of the benefits that come with Web3D membership:
1. Influence Web3D technology and industry of the future by reviewing and voting on standards
2. Show the industry you are the leader who is helping make interoperable 3D a reality
3. Partner with our members and speed time to market
4. Access to Industry-wide perspectives to help make informed strategic decisions
5. Learn lessons and best practices from industry leaders (avoiding costly mistakes!)
6. Get immediate access and influence on development of new Web3D standards
7. Voting in Board of Directors elections and draft specification submissions to ISO
8. Proposal partnerships with other members, liaisons with multiple standards organizations.
More details on member benefits are available here.
- 2016 Web3D Consortium Annual Report.pdf This is especially important for current and future professionals who consider ISO standards essential for their business and implementers. We expect your creative juices will flow as you document our errors and your corrections! Since we welcome improvements from the H-Anim ecosystem at any time, please document new functionality you want separately but submit it with the requested evaluation.
Thank you for all feedback and considering joining the consortium in this crucial effort.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for additional information on how to be a part of this community and evolve X3D!
Anita Havele, Executive Director