Projects Wish List
Projects Wish List
Motivated individuals with software development skills and Web authoring experience are welcome to start, or help develop, any of these candidate projects. Diverse talents are needed - maybe you too? There are some great opportunities here!
- 3D printer and print-service support for X3D:
- Support for publishing X3D models in Wikipedia using X3DOM or Cobweb.
- Style guidelines, best practices, exemplars, review by Wikimedia Foundation.
- Example X3D scenes for the open-source X3D Examples archives showing:
- X3D Conversions capabilities:
- X3D Server virtual machine autoconfiguration:
- Image support:
- Unity Game Manager support for X3D exporter and X3D scene loader:
- Integration with major tools and applications:
- GNU Octave (with Octave-Forge) supports a high-level interpreted language for numerical computations, similar to Matlab.
- Codebases autogenerated from X3D Object Model such as X3D Java Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library (X3DJSAIL).
- More can follow... additional project proposals are welcome.
Web3D Consortium wants to help incentivize these efforts. Candidate awards under consideration include:
- Consortium announcements on web3d.org website and Twitter giving credit and announcing availability.
- One year's free Professional Membership in Web3D Consortium.
- Free registration for the next VR Hackathon or Web3D Conference.
- Bragging rights in some kind of Web3D Developers Hall of Fame.
- Web3D members who really want certain results might offer special rewards.
- Got questions or ideas? Please Contact Us.
Further Improvements to Projects Wish List
How are new projects added here?
- X3D working group moderates community dialog and development.
- All working groups have opportunity to add and guide projects.
- Board of Directors approves awards and is advised regarding of major new efforts.
- Communications Team publicly reports significant opportunities and progress.
Overgrowing? we may need to avoid collecting too many - that's a good problem to have!
Additional ideas welcome, thanks for considering the possibilities.