Public Mailing Lists
The Web3D Consortium supports a number of public mailing lists. Anyone may subscribe to any of these mailing lists or access the archives.
- x3d-public is a public discussion list on all topics related to the authoring and use of Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics.
- heritage is a public discussion list for the Cultural and Natural Heritage working group.
- medical-public is a public discussion list on all topics relating to medical visualization
- www-vrml is a public discussion list on all topics related to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML97).
- source mailing list is for Xj3D, jgeom and other open-source software projects sponsored by the Web3D Consortium.
|Mailing Lists||Current Mail Archives (April 2009 and later)||Original Mail Archives (prior to April 2009)|
|x3d-public||x3d-public mail archives||original archives|
|heritage||heritage mail archives||none, established June 2015.|
|medical-public||medical-public mail archives||none, established August 2016.|
|www-vrml||www-vrml mail archives||original archives|
|source||source code mail archives||original archives|
|web3d-announce||web3d-announce mail archives||original archives|
Archives of all Web3D Consortium mailing lists are carefully maintained. The mail management software was changed on 1 April 2009, resulting in different archive and retrieval systems. Table entries should access the correct version of the archives.
There are no inactive public lists.