Public Mailing Lists
The Web3D Consortium supports a number of public mailing lists. Anyone may subscribe to any of these mailing lists or access the archives.
- x3d-public is a public discussion list on all topics related to the authoring and use of Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics.
- heritage is a public discussion list for the Cultural and Natural Heritage working group.
- medical-public is a public discussion list on all topics relating to medical visualization
- www-vrml is a public discussion list on all topics related to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML97).
- source mailing list is for Xj3D, jgeom and other open-source software projects sponsored by the Web3D Consortium.
Nearby: Members-only Consortium mailing lists include CAD, Geospatial (X3D Earth), Humanoid Animation (H-Anim), Medical, X3D Semantic Web, and X3D Graphics Working Groups. The web3d.org mailman site shows all lists.
|Mailing Lists||Current Mail Archives (April 2009 and later)||Original Mail Archives (prior to April 2009)|
|x3d-public||x3d-public mail archives||original archives|
|heritage||heritage mail archives||none, established June 2015.|
|medical-public||medical-public mail archives||none, established August 2016.|
|www-vrml||www-vrml mail archives||original archives|
|source||source code mail archives||original archives|
|web3d-announce||web3d-announce mail archives||original archives|
Archives of all Web3D Consortium mailing lists are carefully maintained. The mail management software was changed on 1 April 2009, resulting in different archive and retrieval systems. Table entries should access the correct version of the archives.
There are no inactive public lists.
This list is only for members of the Web3D Consortium. If you believe you are getting this message in error, please contact the Executive Director at http://www.web3d.org/contact. You can join the Consortium at http://www.web3d.org/join.
The message above is sent when the mailing list manager (generally the working group chair) either
- Has determined you are not a member of the Consortium
- Has not been able to determine if you are a member of the Consoritum.
If you get this message and are a member of the Consortium, please contact the Executive Director and indicate which mailing list you wish to join.
If you are not a member of the Consortium, then please join so you can participate in the discussion.