Web3D Board of Directors
The Web3D Consortium Board of Directors considers and makes strategic decisions on behalf of all Web3D Consortium members. The Board typically meets once or twice each month via teleconference, as scheduled on the Calendar. Agenda topics of interest are welcome.
Board Roles and Responsibilities include significant authority and important duties, as detailed in our By-Laws. Board members are elected and appointed from the Membership, with a mix of board seats allocated to Directing Members, elected Organizational Members, and elected Professional members.
Current Board of Directors - 2014
- Dr. Nicholas Polys, Ph.D., Virginia Tech., President
- Dr. Michael Aratow, MD, FACEP, co-Vice-President
- Mr. Peter Schickel, Bitmanagement, co-Vice-President
- Dr. Johannes Behr, Ph.D., Fraunhofer Institute
- Dr. Don Brutzman, Ph.D., Naval Postgraduate School
- Mr. Mike McCann, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
- Mr. Christophe Mouton, Electricite de France (EDF)
- Mr. Leonard Daly, Daly Realism
- Ms. Anita Havele, Executive Director
- Dr. Richard F. Puk, Ph.D., ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24, ex officio liaison
You are welcome to contact the Web3D Board by sending email to our Executive Director - Anita Havele.
For more information about the Web3D Board of Directors (BoD) elections and responsibilities, please see our By-Laws.