About the Web3D Consortium
We now have a printable brochure for Web3D that you can download (PDF 250KB).
The Web3D Consortium was formed to provide a forum for the creation of open standards for Web3D specifications, and to accelerate the worldwide demand for products based on these standards through the sponsorship of market and user education programs.
Today, the Web3D Consortium is utilizing its broad-based industry support to develop the the X3D specification, for communicating 3D on the web, between applications and across distributed networks and web services. Through the well-coordinated efforts with the ISO and W3C, the Web3D Consortium is maintaining and extending its standardization activities.
650 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Fax: 248 457 8018
- New Web3D Visitor?
- What you need to know to get started using X3D and participating in the Web3D Consortium
- X3D Mission Statement
- What problems does X3D solve and what are the goals in developing X3D.
- Charter, By-laws, and IP
- The legal and organizational aspects of the organization
- Board of Directors
- Members of the Board of Directors and Executive Director
- Liaisons and Partners
- Web3D Organizational Liaisons and Partners
- X3D FAQ
- General and Technical Frequently Asked Questions about X3D, migrating from VRML, and developing X3D implementations.
- What is X3D
- An overview of X3D, its purpose, its advantages and its uses.
- X3D Applicatons & Utilities
- A categorized database of products that use X3D, including X3D viewers, content authoring tools, developer tools, and vertical market applications.