SysAdmin Note: WikiMedia software upgraded to latest version (9 Jan 2013).
Administrative note: because of some reported abuse to existing members, creation of all new accounts have been disabled. This state will continue until a better means of identifying members has been established. If you need an account on this wiki, please contact the Webmaster at http://www.web3d.org/realtime-3d/contact and select the 'Wiki Account' category.
- 1 Active X3D Working Groups: Public Pages
- 1.1 X3D Working Group
- 1.2 X3D and Augmented Reality Continuum (ARC) Working Group: AR Extensions for X3D
- 1.3 X3D CAD Working Group: Computer Aided Design (CAD) Extensions for X3D
- 1.4 X3D and HTML5 design efforts and Declarative 3D Community Group
- 1.5 X3D H-Anim Working Group: Humanoid Animation (H-Anim)
- 1.6 X3D Medical Working Group: Volume visualization and Medical uses
- 1.7 X3D Earth Working Group X3D Earth and Geospatial representations
- 2 X3D Special Interest Groups: Public Pages
- 3 About X3D
- 4 X3D Community Information
- 5 X3D Resources
- 6 Web3D Chapters
- 7 About the Public and Members-Only X3D Wiki
Active X3D Working Groups: Public Pages
X3D Working Group
The X3D Working Group is the main forum for coordinating all X3D specification activities. Working group teleconferences are every Wednesday at 08-0900 pacific time, 16-1700 GMT on the Web3D teleconference line.
This group performs ongoing review of X3D specification comments and X3D implementation resources.
- Cochairs: Don Brutzman and Leonard Daly
- ISO Convener: Dick Puk
- X3D version 3.3 has been finalized as an ISO Draft International Standard (DIS)
- In progress: final editor review to consider advancement to ISO Final Draft International Standard (FDIS)
- X3D Binary Compression Capabilities and Plans
- X3D MIME-Type in X3D Working Group to get official IETF MIME-Type recognition for X3D
X3D and Augmented Reality Continuum (ARC) Working Group: AR Extensions for X3D
X3D CAD Working Group: Computer Aided Design (CAD) Extensions for X3D
X3D and HTML5 design efforts and Declarative 3D Community Group
X3D H-Anim Working Group: Humanoid Animation (H-Anim)
X3D Medical Working Group: Volume visualization and Medical uses
X3D Earth Working Group X3D Earth and Geospatial representations
Most X3D working groups are Web3D Consortium member-only, since members have agreed to the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy which effectively prevents any royalty-based technology from being adopted by X3D. This approach provides great value to the public, and also allows both companies and individual professionals to contribute to X3D directly as Web3D Consortium members.
Meanwhile each working group can still decide to place some work in the open. For example, all HTML5/X3DOM work is completely in the open. Web3D Members can also use the Web3D Members-Only Wiki.
X3D Special Interest Groups: Public Pages
X3D Special Interest groups are open to all. This open approach provides great value to the public to explore new technologies and applications for X3D. It also allows both companies and individuals to contribute some technologies towards moving the X3D standard forward.
Special Interest Group efforts are being discussed on the X3D mailing list
- What is X3D
- Features and Strengths of X3D
- Industry Adopters
- Get Involved!
- Interviews and Outreach
- Recent Events
X3D Community Information
- Player support for X3D components
- Tool support for X3D components
- X3D Plugfest to improve interoperability between X3D players
- X3D Implementations
- X3D Tooltips provides multilingual details on the X3D vocabulary
- How-To Guides
- Node Reference
- X3D Specifications
- X3D Resources provides comprehensive links to many X3D applications, sources and capabilities
- Plug-in and browser compliance
- Recommendations for browser developers
Official Chapters (geographically oriented) of the Web3D Consortium