- What is X3D
- Features and Strengths of X3D
- Industry Adopters
- X3D FAQ
- Get Involved!
- Interviews and Outreach
- Recent Events
X3D Special Interest Groups: Public Pages
X3D Special Interest groups are open to all. This open approach provides great value to the public to explore new technologies and applications for X3D and also allows both companies and individual to contribute towards moving the X3D standard forward.
- X3D and Augmented Reality (AR) Special Interest Group efforts are currently handled as part of the X3D and HTML5 effort
- X3D and E-Learning Special Interest Group efforts are being discussed on the X3D mailing list
X3D Working Groups: Public Pages
Most X3D working groups are Web3D Consortium member-only, since members have agreed to the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy which effectively prevents any royalty-based technology from being adopted by X3D. This approach provides great value to the public, and also allows both companies and individual professionals to contribute to X3D directly as Web3D Consortium members.
Meanwhile each working group can still decide to place some work in the open. For example, all HTML5 work is completely in the open.
Here are our X3D working group public pages:
- X3D and HTML5 Working Group efforts
- X3D Medical Working Group efforts
- X3D Earth Working Group efforts
- X3D Mobile Working Group efforts
Web3D Members can also use the Web3D Members-Only Wiki
X3D Community Information
- Player support for X3D components
- Tool support for X3D components
- X3D Plugfest to improve interoperability between X3D players
- X3D Implementations
- X3D Tooltips provides multilingual details on the X3D vocabulary
- How-To Guides
- Node Reference
- X3D Specifications
- X3D Resources provides comprehensive links to many X3D applications, sources and capabilities
- Plug-in and browser compliance
- Recommendations for browser developers