CAD WG meeting at Web3D Seoul Meeting 2013 1 28 Minutes
Revision as of 05:14, 2 April 2013 by Flux (yupo)
CAD WG Minutes
TC184/SC4 Issues : JT as a CAD standard from ISO TC184/SC4
- Web3D is asking ISO/IEC JTC1/SC24 what are the ISO procedures and rules for patents in ISO standards.
- We might invite TC184/SC4 to brief JTC1/SC24 and X3D CAD Working Group on their new standard.
- Dick please find/add link to relevant ISO standards documents
- Does this standard include patents and licensing fees?
- see press release: http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/about_us/newsroom/press/press_release.cfm?Component=205727&ComponentTemplate=822
- "Siemens’ JT Data Format Accepted as the World’s First ISO International Standard for Viewing and Sharing Lightweight 3D Product Information"
- Don has sent them email asking for a conference about this erroneous and misleading statement.
- Shouldn't SC 24 also be concerned?
- What is the precise status of JT as a specification?
- Does Han SoonHung have any advice for us, I believe that he is our liaison to SC4/TC184
- What should we do next? Teleconference later this week please...
NURBS code integration in Xj3D NPS branch
- A working example, which can now be rendered from the NPS branch of Xj3D: http://spri2.kshell.com/xt/shape/sc4t2b2ry8hh/shape_2331363031.x3d . This was converted from a STEP file downloaded from the Elkhart Brass Co ( http://www.elkhartbrass.com/downloads/models ), makers of fire-fighting equipment.
- Hyo is working on improvements to NURBS nodes in Xj3D
- Vince is providing changes to Don, we are testing Xj3D source NPS branch, when done we will upgrade primary Xj3D trunk
- When we finish testing Xj3D on the X3D NURBS examples, NPS will work with Xj3D source list to update Xj3D trunk, we will conduct further testing on the x3d-public mailing list
X3DOM integration of CAD and NURBS nodes
- Vince has already built an extension to X3DOM source for CAD product structure nodes
- We are looking into how these improvements can be checked into X3DOM source on github (component or extension)
- Can we have a separate CAD call about how to maintain these things?
At that point we can ask all browsers to update NURBS and CAD structure nodes... Goal is 2-3 weeks.
Outreach and Adoption Issues
- We will work with Anita to prepare a CAD press release, again goal is 2-3 weeks.
- We will all work with Fraunhofer to align X3DOM as part of this CAD+NURBS effort
- We will also ask BitManagement BS Contact if they want to participate now or later... they might want to be part of the press release
- Web3D public responses to JTOpen/Siemens/SC4 TC184 (if any) would follow that.