X3D and HTML5 Summary
Revision as of 08:27, 6 October 2009 by Brutzman
- Family of X3D Specifications;
- X3D Abstract Specification describes basic functionality
- XML, ClassicVRML, and Compressed Binary Encoding
- Relationships between scene graphs, APIs and render layers;
- Scene graphs are high-level declarative models about how geometry is constructed, colored and animated; these can be expressed as an XML tree
- APIs are mid-level libraries for programmers to create source code about geometry
- Render layers are low-level software libraries that expose the functionality of graphics hardware
- Similarities between MathML, SVG, and X3D;
- Simple X3D example and HTML5 examples; (how current integration looks like via object model then to html5)
- X3D scene as external reference
- X3D as embedded object;
- HTML5 with embedded x3d as mixed namespaces;
- Template for demo = html5+x3d event passing connections.
- Recommendations for html5 specification.