A number of people working on X3D Mobile projects are considering how to best provide 3D for the Mobile platform.
This effort has strategic importance for Web3D and indeed for all 3D graphics, since X3D is an interchange format for a wide variety of models.
We intend to establish a solid foundation for X3D to properly support 3D graphics for the Mobile Platform.
Mobile X3D Study Group Proposal
2010 Call for Participation for Mobile X3D Study Group at SC24 Plenary Meeting
- Date: June 27 at 13:00 – 17:00, 2010
- Place: at the same place as 2010 SC24 Plenary Meeting
The Mobile X3D Study Group at the WG6 of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 Computer Graphics, Image Processing, and Environmental Data Representation is pleased to announce an annual workshop to be held at the SC24 Plenary meeting. It promotes the technology and development of Web3D Mobile standardization. We invite you to participate in the first Mobile X3D technology and applications workshop to be held at the 2010 SC24 Plenary Meeting.
The Mobile X3D Study Group’s topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mobile X3D modeling standardization
- Mobile X3D rendering standardization
- Mobile X3D animation standardization
- Mobile X3D streaming standardization
- Mobile X3D user interface standardization
- Mobile X3D applications standardization
Any other areas related to Mobile Web3D standardization may be included.
- Extended Abstracts (2 pages) due: May 31, 2010
- Presentation Files due: May 31, 2010
Please make submissions to:
Myeong Won Lee email ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 WG6 Mobile X3D Study Group Rapporteur
Richard F. Puk email ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 WG6 Convenor
It is possible to have a dialup to the meeting using the ISO conference sytem which includes GoToMeeting screen-capture web support. This would be
2100-0000 Saturday 26 June, U.S. pacific time 0000-0300 Sunday 27 June, U.S. eastern time 0600-0900 Sunday 27 June, GMT+1 Europe/Germany 1300-1600 Sunday 27 June, Korea
Connection information will be posted later.