Overview: X3DOM and CAD support
X3dToX3dom.xslt is an XSLT 2 stylesheet which will generate an HTML5 document embedding an X3D input model. This stylesheet can be run using a stand-alone XSLT2 engine or from within the X3D-Edit tool.
- CadTeapot Copied from the Web3D Basic Examples CadTeapot model but modified so that each of the Appearance nodes for the 4 parts of the teapot is independently defined.
These pages were generated using a modification of the X3dToX3dom.xslt script (modified XSLT stylesheet here). These pages load the CADGeometry extension to X3DOM after loading the X3DOM core classes.
- laser_assembly page The laser_assembly model embedded in a web page rendered with X3DOM.
- CadTeapot page The CadTeapot model embedded in a web page rendered with X3DOM.
X3DOM -- Product structure pages
- retention_clip A product structure containing nested assemblies.
This excerpt illustrates the method used to create the HTML part-structure tool in the XHTML examples for product structure that appear above.
- Incorporate the product structure display (on the HTML page) as an option in the X3dToX3dom stylesheet.
- Setup a SourceForge project for ProductStructure, other scripts useful
- Prepare a x3dom folder with examples and scripts to be included ( with local URL references from .xhtml to .js scripts) to be placed in the Examples/Basic/CAD/X3DOM folder on web3d.org
- The product-structure functionality will be integrated into the X3dToX3dom.xslt stylesheet so that the HTML widget can be available for any X3D export.