Tool support for X3D components
The Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics standard has many capabilities. X3D components are modular collections of nodes that make it easier for software to gradually implement the full range of X3D capabilities.
Authors can also indicate what components are needed in an X3D scene in order to ensure that proper support is provided at run time.
This table records support for the official X3D components by each of the various X3D authoring tools and X3D conversioon tools. It is maintained by the X3D Working Group and member companies in the Web3D Consortium.
- Player companies need to report their software support levels
- Once this page is well designed, create the following tables and cross-link each when available
- Create table for X3D conversion tools: Okino Polytrans, SwirlX3D Translator
- yes all nodes, all fields supported for all levels of this component (though some bugs may be present)
- partial some nodes and fields supported
- level # which component level number (1-4) is supported
- no no support provided
- ? unknown, need status report