How to convert
TODO: the remaining section has extra information that can be integrated into the preceding sections.
With a little more work, we can then combine the pieces to show corresponding animations in HAnim and BVH. We can build an application program that uses these mappings.
- This conversion program operates off-line, not within an X3D scene, because X3D does not allow reading files.
Wikipedia articles of interest:
- Conversion between quaternions and Euler angles
- Rotation formalisms in three dimensions
- 1.2 Euler axis and angle (rotation vector) matches the X3D SFRotation
- 2.2 Rotation matrix ↔ Euler axis/angle
It looks like choosing the right matrix operations will perform this conversion. This requires careful composition of rotation matrix operations.