Plans for Merging X3D AR Proposals
This page is for discussing plans for merging X3D AR proposals, compared in Comparison of X3D AR Proposals.
Plan A: Yvonne
Plan B: Gerard Kim
Plan C: Gun Lee
1. Discuss general strategy/policy/guidelines
- General guidelines in Web3D consortium?
- From the scene writer's point of view, preferably less code for commonly/frequently used features, while detail control available for special cases.
- From the user's (viewer's) point of view, the scene should be adopted to the hardware/software environment (tracker, camera device, browser, etc.) s/he has.
(i.e. scene writer should not specify hardware/software environment in the scene.)
2. Investigate each functional features stepwise
- Camera video stream image in the scene (texture and background)
- Tracking (including support for general tracking devices)
- Camera calibration (viewpoints)
- Others (color-keying, depth occlusion)
3. Integration of functional features
- Conflicts between individual components
- Merging components
4. Specification writing