H-Anim Future Work and Outreach 2014
(Our meeting today is hosted by Myeong Won Lee and the Web3D Korea Chapter. Thank you - ham sa ham ni dah!)
Overview. Lots of activity continues to gradually proceed in H-Anim. These lists of suggested steps can help us stay organized and productive.
- Static position/posture poses
- Corresponding Displacer nodes
- Composition of partial behaviors
- Additive (e.g. waving + sitting down)
- Superposition(e.g. waving + walking)
- Behavior libraries
- Inline and IMPORT/EXPORT conventions
- LOA by LOA
Examples are always a powerful way to show whether the specification is working or needs improvement.
Additional Examples Needed
- Anatomically correct human
- Cartoon charchers (humanoid but not human)
- Conversion of BVH examples
- Skin (we will add Joe's examples, as they are tested)
There are a lot of things we will build - humans are complex! An independent archive may be needed, separate from the X3D Basic Examples Archive.
- Modified over years by Joe Williams and Damon Hernandez, origin uncertain
- Modified DEC 2013 by Joe Williams and Don Brutzman, checked into Medical examples at
- Individual geometry files for each segment in human body, independently loadable
- Define how to change size to match a given body
- prepared by MWL and students, excellent cartoon characters
- Joints/Segments and skin, H-Anim compliant, LOA?
- TODO add to Basic archives, find/review prior list of requested fixes
- LOA 5 for all remaining animatable joints in human body? Discussion please
- Names for additional Joints, Segments, Sites
- Problem: how to we handle wrist joints as a directed acyclic graph (DAG) structure?
- Physiology is different, apparently a mesh
- Nevertheless each bone can only be in one position/orientation at a time
- Thus a scene graph can show correct results, even if forces are complex
- We care most about the position/orientation of each bone
- Typically we think of angle relationships between multiple bones
- End result is what matters: position/orientation of each bone
- Perhaps we should use the name "pseudo Joint" when this is a mismatch (such as carpal bones in wrist)
- Algorithm needs to be documented, can we finish our blog entry?
- MWL's C++ code, described in slides, final fixes needed
- DPB to consider writing corresponding Java code
MWL H-ANIM Editor
- What is the name of this tool please?
- Can we announce availability?
- Excellent and novel capabilities - TODO list
- Can produce sophisticated animations
- New, under development
- XSLT stylesheet can follow "decorator pattern" to modify scene graphs
- Converts .x3d to a modified .x3d
- Current support for canonical form, omitting default values, url corrections, minor fixups
- TODO add support for H-Anim
- remove geometry from Joints/Segments/Sites
- Add/replace geometry to Joints/Segments/Sites
X3D Schematron Validation
- X3D Schematron includes numerous validation rules
- TODO list them?
- Are asymmetry warnings helpful?
- Still need rules for skin
- Lists of additional joint, segment, site names
- List of all non-animating joints in the body?