Humanoid Animation (H-Anim)
Links of interest:
- H-Anim Executive Summary for more Working Group information
- H-Anim working group
- H-Anim Examples in the X3D Basic Examples Archive
There has been previous work by the H-Anim working group during 2008-2009 that was not completed. Here are some additional links on the members-only wiki:
- Web3D members-only H-Anim wiki
- Accommodating Diverse Models (also linked there for members: Proposed amendment to H-Anim Specification)
- TODO list progress and problems
- TODO determine visibility permissions for items on the members-only sites (this is a decision by the working group, assuming that no non-public information is included)
- TODO find prior working group charter
Much additional work has been proposed by the Korea Chapter.
- Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion from captured motion data
- Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion using a general motion definition such as keyframe, interpolation, kinematics and dynamics for human figures.
- Definition of motion parameters for transferring or exchanging motion between different human character models
- Definition of motion data interface for including motion data
- Definition of behavior modeling data
- Definition of motion viewer’s functionality
- Video human functionality and gestures will be considered in AR/MR working group efforts
We agreed on the 1 FEB 2012 teleconference that it is a good idea to document work on these many good ideas using this H-Anim public wiki. Further comment is welcome about this.
The main thing that is needed next is to get the H-Anim Working Group restarted and rejuvenated.
- H-Anim WG Charter
- TODO we need 1-2 members who are willing to volunteer to serve as working group cochairs.
- Working Draft for the H-Anim motion definition (in preparation)