X3D Development Public Plans
Revision as of 05:09, 24 May 2017 by Walroy
Public plans for upcoming releases of X3D:
- X3D version 3.3 has been published as an ISO International Standard (IS). The text for all drafts are available on the recommended standards page.
- X3D version 3.4 Development efforts are evolutionary improvements to the proven X3D Graphics architecture.
- The version 3.4 effort is now integrated into version 4.0 and is no longer being pursued as a separate activity.
- X3D version 4.0 Development efforts are considering potentially major additions to the baseline X3D architecture.
- Major technology under consideration: HTML5/DOM/Declarative 3D/ with X3DOM and Cobweb implementations.
- Major technology under consideration: Mixed and Augmented Reality (MAR)
- Please contact us if you think additional technologies need to be considered.
- X3D future planning is currently a Web3D Consortium member-only activity, although meetings on specific topics are sometimes opened to the public.