[x3d-public] X3D Agenda 28 APR 2022: endgame for X3D4 issues review

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Apr 28 19:12:17 PDT 2022

We will have our regular weekly X3D meeting this Friday, 08-0900 pacific.
Agenda topics follow.

*
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81634670698?pwd=a1VPeU5tN01rc21Oa3hScUlHK0Rxdz09
*	https://zoom.us/j/148206572  Password 483805
*	https://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

1.	Web3D 2022 Call for Papers

*	https://www.web3d.org/news-story/web3d-2022-call-papers

2.	ISO, INCITS H3 and W3C liaison: weekly issues check.

3.	Dick and I had a big 2-week review, resolving or improving over 60
Mantis issues.   Change list for 19-28 April is attached.

*	Web3D Mantis Issue List
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Several issues have been pushed to the list requesting comment.  About 50
additional issues remain. the finish line is almost visible!

During the call, we will work towards achieving consensus on a handful of
lingering discussion issues.  All inputs are welcome.

*	X3D4 Architecture, latest
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/
Architecture.html

4.	Endgame plan

a.	The next few weeks are good for final member + public review.
b.	We will continue resolving editorial Mantis issues, deliberately at
best speed.
c.	Unfinished/undemonstrated functional issues are marked as X3D4.1 for
future work.
d.	We expect to submit Draft International Specification (DIS) during
last half of May, 2 weeks from now.

Thanks for all contributions and all progress, getting Extensible 3D (X3D)
Graphics version 4 finally ready to ship.

Have fun with X3D!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman