[X3D-Public] Vrml/X3D viewers on iPhone/iPad ...

Joshua Smith jesmith at kaon.com
Thu Aug 18 06:56:14 PDT 2011

The relevant section is here:

http://allthingsd.com/20100909/apple-hands-app-developers-an-olive-branch/

Search for 3.3.2 NEW. The current language is slightly different (I don't think I'm allowed to quote it), but the meaning isn't changed from what's in that article.

My interpretation is that a SCRIPT node definitely OK if you put the VRML & the Player together into an App, and then put that into the store.

You might not be allowed to make a general VRML content viewer App that supported the Script node, depending on how Apple interprets that language (which is now pretty darn fuzzy).  Also, if you managed to get WebKit to interpret the SCRIPT node for you, then you might be in the clear.

Really, the only way to know is to try to submit the App to Apple and see what happens.  They have an appeal process if it gets rejected.

-Joshua