[x3d-public] Over next several weeks, I will be ramping up

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:20:38 PST 2022

Sorry for any confusion, I’m trying to convert abstract geometry (in X3D)
to triangle or face meshes in ECMAScript and then to STL.  If someone has
done this before, how did you choose a mesh for each shape (sphere, cone,
cylinder, extrusion, 2D). I already know NURBS is complex, for that, but
I’ve not done animated NURBS, which sounds really hard, and perhaps not
good looking???  Has anyone animated NURBS?   Jello, anyone?

I’m not looking to produce X3D at this point,  going from a low level
triangle code to abstract geometry sounds really hard, but perhaps
lucrative?   Isn’t this what the scanning group is doing?  Do they use
OpenCascade, C++, and Python?

I’ll look at your Pascal code now.

John