[x3d-public] Over next several weeks, I will be ramping up

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:57:30 PST 2022

STL already contains a simple list of triangles. So if by "tesselation" you
mean "ability to produce triangles from more complex shapes", you don't
really need it for STL :)

Note that CGE, view3dscene and https://castle-engine.io/convert.php can
convert STL -> X3D. The code to handle STL is really simple and you can
likely adjust it for other purposes / libraries / languages :
https://github.com/castle-engine/castle-engine/blob/master/src/scene/load/x3dloadinternalstl.pas
.

Regards,
Michalis