[X3D-Public] tracing X3D events: new capability in X3D-Edit

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:59:11 PDT 2011

2011/8/5 Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu>:
> X3D-Edit now includes a new capability when editing ROUTE connections
> or event-producing nodes.  If you select the "Trace" checkbox, then
> a block of X3D code is inserted that connects all of the output events
> to a Script which reports whenever an event is passed.

Nice!

It may be worth adding here that InstantReality and my view3dscene
include also a Logger node, that allows to do such debugging without
any Script needed. See
http://doc.instantreality.org/documentation/nodetype/Logger/ and
http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/kambi_vrml_extensions.php#section_ext_logger

Michalis