X3D and E-Learning
Goals: X3D and E-Learning
The Web3D Consortium is starting a new interest group: X3D and E-Learning.
This group will enable the creation of Web-Enabled 3D content, tools and platforms for online e-learning.
We will collaboratively harmonize and integrate X3D Graphics content with other standards.
TODO Our tasks include
- Explore and demonstrate best practices for integrating X3D Graphics models with e-learning content.
- Create demonstration examples showing how display, animation and user interaction with X3D models can all augment the learning effectiveness of online textbooks and e-learning content.
- Show how X3D can serve as the common archival publishing format for 3D models built from a wide variety of diverse graphics technologies.
- Document these lessons learned for repeatable use by partnered consortium members and the educational community.
- Formalize this effort and start a Working Group to implement these requirements to the respective standards specifications.
(IMS Consortium information here...)
- Maintain this X3D and E-Learning wiki page to track issues and progress
- Identify people in Web3D and IMS Consortium who want to collaborate with on these issues
- Report on efforts regularly to firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
- Discussions to occur on the email@example.com mailing list and firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
- Other tasks and efforts as needed
Relevant X3D and IMS information:
The following individuals have volunteered to serve as Web3D representatives in the X3D E-Learning Special Interest Group.
- Don Brutzman, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey California USA
The following individuals have volunteered to serve as IMS representatives in the X3D E-Learning Special Interest Group.
- Rob Able, IMS Global Consortium, Lake Mary, FL
Our Bi-weekly X3D and E-Learning teleconference is usually 0700-0800 (pacific time) on Tuesdays.
Participation is open to all via the Web3D teleconfernce line.
Minutes are saved on the X3D server, and are distributed on the X3D-Public mailing list: