Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:00pm PDT, Agenda and Minutes
H-Anim Birds of the Feather started at 8:10 pm Eastern and adjourned at 9:24 pm
Dick Puk, Don Brutzman, and Wiliam Glascoe attended
Room size is limited to 20 people for the BoF venue! This is small but we'll make do.
Myeong Won suggests one hour for H-Anim WG meeting, 1-hr for Korean Chapter then 1-hr H-Anim BoF meeting.
The SIGGRAPH final program is at the printer so we have to conform to the printed scheduled! See Anita H.
Don suggested we review the work completed to date and how folks can get involved in the working group.
Dick suggest we stay technical in the BoF and avoid any SC24 administrative discussion
The Outreach should be tailored to the audience responses to a couple of ice breaker questions.
Use the H-Anim flyer.
Don suggests there be no more than ten (10) slides not including the screenshots illustrating the work performed.
1. I'm working Outreach slides (20 minutes presentation 10 minutes discussion). (web3D.org, YouTube channel, Hackathons, Contests) 2. Myeong Won Lee's work (focus on what we can do with H-Anim; and how it's done today) 3. Skin (3D meshes Joe Williams; textures; vertex colors; dynamic textures 4. Tools (X3D Edit)
Four topics with screenshots galore
And guess what, 90 minutes just went by
GOALS: Snapshots of what is going on in the community
- Who else is using H-Anim?
- What are your H-Anim needs?
- How can I do medical ... to? (bridge Human Biology and High / Information Technology)
- Any H-Anim project successes?
- What are lessons learned from technical failures and successes?
- Does H-Anim serve the Biometric community?
- Does H-Anim serve the Biomechanical modeling community?
- Does H-Anim serve the multi-scale medical modeling researchers?
- What killer app should H-Anim be in?
- What strong points of H-Anim are becoming weak points?
The H-Anim BoF will be Monday, 11 August 2014 at 2:00-3:30 pm (90 minutes) Pacific
30 minutes: Opening Remarks (ice breaker questions to focus Outreach brief:
Working Group membership opportunities
(YouTube channel, web3D examples, Hackathons, Contests, Theses, Dissertations, Class homework, self-paced tutorials, Code Academy, Khan Academy)
15 minutes: Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) Part 1: Architecture (10-min presentation 5 min Q&A) - Dick and Don will assist Myeong
15 minutes: Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) Part 2: Motion Capture (10-min presentation 5 min Q&A) -
15 minutes: H-Anim Facial Animation (10-min presentation 5 min Q&A) -
15 minutes: H-Anim Hands and Feet Animation (10-min presentation 5 min Q&A) -
Monday, 11 August 2014 at 3:30-5:00 pm Pacific
1. Projective Texture Mapping
2. X3D Augmented Reality
3. X3D CAD Conversion
4. X3D Physical Sensors