April 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm PDT, Agenda and Minutes
Attendees: Glascoe, Lee, Puk, and Brutzman
On 4/8/2014 5:35 PM, Myeong Won Lee wrote:
The H-Anim WG meeting will be held with agenda items as follows:
(Please add agenda items if you have anything you would like to discuss.)
1. LOA1, LOA2, LOA3 pictures (Updated)
We all agreed that the updated figures look great! Thanks Myeong Won Lee.
Also added a link to the X3D model used for these images:
2. Table of Contents for H-Anim Part 1: Architecture
- Review Table 4.1 - 4.2 H-Anim Figures ==> LOA1, 2, 3 details - 4.9 Structure of a humanoid ==> LOA1, 2, 3 structures
- Yes the figures should be integrated in the new draft specification - We need prose to indicate that the H-Anim figures do not necessarily need to be a skeleton or a human being, but a general humanoid - We should build a change document for what will be a new specification
William will work on merging sections into subsections, or restructuring the H-Anim wiki into multiple pages, in order to make it more understandable. (Perhaps 10 sections, depth of no more than 3 hopefully).
William will try to have a basic revision ready at the next meeting. Then we will start a "change document" for additions and modifications of the H-Anim Specification.
3. Joe's comments dated March 24
The structures used by BVH and H-Anim are different. There is not a direct correspondence between them.
Mail from 24 March 2014: http://web3d.org/mailman/private/h-anim_web3d.org/2014-March/000533.html
(I thought I had more recent email from Joe explaining further that he is more satisfied with the progress.)
Myeong Won Lee provided a good summary of thinking that it appears we have reconciled differences and found correspondences between the structure/timing models for BVH and H-Anim.
This is increasingly well explained on the H-Anim wiki: http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/H-Anim#BVH_mocap_conversion_to_X3D_interpolators
We missed you today Joe! Looking forward to reviewing your updated comments and feedback together at the next meeting.
4. Scheduling next meeting:
April 23rd (Wednesday) at 5:00pm PDT (24th, 9:00am KST)