[semantics-public] [x3d-public] representing DEF/USE information

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 12:24:55 PST 2019

IDEA: a stack-based method for default USE
In the past I've used Switch -1 to hide pre-defined nodes for later USE.
Another idea: to have some generic way to change a default via a stack of
some sort:
<Stack name="material" USE='funnyMaterial'>
<Shape>
- no material mentioned, no USE here, gets the default which is
funnyMaterial
</Shape>
<Stack name='material' USE='seriousMaterial'>
<Shape>
- no material mentioned, gets default which is now seriousMaterial
</Shape>
</Stack> - pops serious
<Shape>
- no material mentioned, gets default which is back to funnyMaterial
</Shape>
</Stack> - pops funny
<Shape>
- no material mentioned, gets x3d default material
</Shape>
But I haven't thought about when / what other scenarios that would be
useful for. Just something new related to DEF/USE.
-Doug Sanden