H-Anim Motion Data Animation V2 (DIS)
Document submitted to ISO 2018-05-31.
This version (2018-08-21) corrects several broken links. Document now sucessfully passes the link check.
Revision of previous version to correct some labeling errors on 2018-04-27.
Public DIS pre-release (prior to ISO submission) on 2018-04-01.
CD ballot completion date: 2016-10-14
From the New Work Item Proposal:
This work defines an exchangeable data model for humanoid animation that can be used in heterogeneous computing environments. It includes the data exchange format of humanoid animation, H-Anim human behavior prototypes, interfaces with various scanning data, and a 3D skinning and recording interface for humanoid animation. In addition, it includes the procedure for modelling H-Anim characters using general graphics tools.
The new work to be addressed is a revision of H-Anim 2 in the Extensible 3D (X3D) Part 1: Architecture and base components 26 Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) component specification and based on ISO/IEC 19774 - Humanoid Animation (H-Anim).
The revision work includes the following:
- Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion from captured motion data
- Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion using 3D scanner data
- Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion using a general motion definition such as keyframe, interpolation, kinematics, and dynamics for human figures
- Definition of motion parameters for transferring or exchanging motion between different human character models
- Definition of a motion data interface for including motion data
- Definition of a motion viewer’s functionality
- Definition of interoperable human behavior prototypes
- Definition of 3D skinning interface
- Definition of recording interface for human motion
- Provision for easier exchange of characters from design systems to H-Anim systems
This work is intended to define a standard model for humanoid animation including motion interfaces. It is an enhancement to the original H-Anim model of ISO/IEC 19774, and ISO/IEC 19774 Working Draft Amendment 1 in progress.