Korea Chapter Public Wiki
Meetings co-organized by Web3D Korea Chapter
- Web3D Seoul Meeting, Seoul, Korea, Dec. 7-8, 2009
- ISO SC24 Mobile X3D Study Group Workshop, Busan, Korea, June 27, 2010
- Web3D Korea Chapter Meeting at SIGGRAPH 2010, Los Angeles CA, July 29, 2010
- 3D Environmental Information Systems Workshop, Seoul, Korea, Dec. 14, 2010
- Web3D Seoul Meeting, Seoul, Korea, Dec. 14-15, 2010
- Call for Participation for the Second Mobile Visual Content Study Group Workshop at the 2011 SC24 meeting, August 21, 2011
- Web3D Korea Chapter Meeting at SIGGRAPH 2011, Vancouver, Canada, August 11, 2011
- Web3D Meeting, Seoul, Korea, November 16, 2011
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24/WG 9 Meeting, Seoul, Korea, November 17, 2011
- Web3D Standards Meeting at SIGGRAPH 2012, LA Convention Center, Los Angeles, USA, August 8, 2012
- Web3D Seoul Meetings 2013, Seoul Palace Hotel, Seoul, Korea, January 28-30, 2013
- Web3D Seoul Meetings 2014, The K Seoul Hotel, Seoul, Korea, January 20-21, 2014
- Web3D Seoul Meetings 2015, Seoul Palace Hotel, Seoul, Korea, January 26-27, 2015
- Web3D Seoul Meetings 2016, Somerset Palace Seoul Hotel, Seoul, Korea, January 11-12, 2016
Web3D Korea Chapter
The Web3D Korea Chapter
The Web3D Consortium Korea Chapter was inaugurated in January 2009 by agreement of the Web3D Consortium and the Web3D Korea Forum.
The purpose of the Korea Chapter is to promote and develop the technology standards of the Web3D Consortium in the areas of computer graphics, virtual reality, augmented reality, and mobile applications, with the technical views of Korea's regional developments.
The chapter committee members research the technologies and discuss and propose standards proposals to the Web3D Consortium. This is done through meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other activities held throughout the year. The chapter committee members are involved in education, research and development, and commerce related to Web3D.
The working areas of the Web3D Korea Forum cover all active areas of the Web3D Consortium.
Working areas are determined through committee meetings and standards proposals put forth by chapter members. Informal or formal standards proposals are submitted to the Web3D Consortium working groups through chapter meetings and workshops. The chapter thus helps all Korean Web3D researchers support the goals of the Web3D Consortium.
The Web3D Consortium Korea Chapter's Web site is http://www.web3d.kr.
Committee members are as follows:
Prof. Myeong Won Lee (The University of Suwon, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Kwan-Hee Yoo (Chungbuk National University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Ms. Hyunjoo Hwang (Korean Standards Association, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Soonhung Han (KAIST, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Ha Jine Kimn (Hallym University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Jee In Kim (Konkuk University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Soon Bum Lim (Sookmyung Womans University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Mr. Sang Won Ghyme (ETRI, Web3D Korea Forum)
Dr. Gun Lee (HIT Lab. NZ, University of Canterbury, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Gerard Jounghyun Kim (Korea University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Dr. Yong Sang Cho (KERIS, Web3D Korea Forum)
Dr. Byounghyun Yoo (MIT, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Ho Suk Lee (Hoseo University, Web3D Korea Forum)
Prof. Chang Geun Song (Hallym University, Web3D Korea Forum)
The chapter committee is qualified to collect and review proposals or products to be submitted to the Web3D Consortium in Korea. It checks proposal formats, language, and terminology, and then immediately transfers them to the appropriate Web3D Consortium working groups. The chapter does not specifically determine the merit of specific technical concepts, proposals, or products. Such details are the responsibility of the Web3D Consortium Working Groups.
The Web3D Consortium actively encourages Korean members and nonmembers to discuss their goals and proposals as part of the Web3D Consortium Korea Chapter. Korean members of the Web3D Consortium may also participate directly in Web3D Consortium activities as appropriate.
Ongoing proporals for Web3D standards
[Web3D 2006-1] Units specification (Myeong Won Lee), 2006-6-5, ISO/I EC JTC1 SC24 Meeting, Prague
[Web3D 2008-1] Projective texture mapping (Kwan-Hee Yoo), 2008-6-25, ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 Meeting, Monterey
[Web3D 2009-1] Mixed reality visualization (Gun Lee), 2009-7-7, ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 Meeting, London
[Web3D 2009-2] CAD translation to X3D (Hyokwang Lee and Soonhung Han), 2009-12-7, Web3D Seoul and X3D WG
[Web3D 2009-3] H-Anim motion data definition (Myeong Won Lee), 2009-12-7, Web3D Seoul and X3D WG
[Web3D 2009-4] Mobile X3D functions (Myeong Won Lee), 2009-7-7, ISO/IEC JTC1 SC24 Meeting, London
[Web3D 2009-5] Geometric medical data (Kwan Hee Yoo), 2009-12-7, Web3D Seoul
[Web3D 2009-6] X3D Digital Textbook (Kwan Hee Yoo), 2009-12-7, Web3D Seoul
[Web3D 2010-1] X3D GPS Interface (Myeong Won Lee), 2010-12-14, Web3D Seoul and X3D WG
[Web3D 2010-2] A management system of security devices in 3D virtual space (Kwan-Hee Yoo), 2010-12-14, Web3D Seoul
[Web3D 2010-3] A CCTV node for the CCTV control of virtual environment management systems (Hyeon Woo Nam), 2010-12-14, Web3D Seoul