[x3d-public] build a 3D Open Directory from DMOZ?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:38:45 PST 2022

Has anyone created 3D online structures from
https://dmoz-odp.org/ (Open Directory?)

It should be possible with current WWW technology. We’re not trying to
displace the WWW.

Could we collect geospatial and/or temporal data and present it as well?

Can we come up with a better presentation than earth or maps?  Something
more exotic?

We were thinking of a forest of trees, perhaps swaying until the mouse gets
near.

What Shapes or geometry might people suggest?

I’m imagining someone did this 25 years ago?

I’m going to look for an archive of data rather than scraping.