[x3d-public] glTF 2.0 schema

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 18:04:41 PDT 2022

Hi John,
The thing to do is to somehow hook up the gltf schema with the xml schema so that when a scene to be validated encounters imports it can just read the thing and proceed with the validation. I don’t see how to perform complete validation without examining imports. Or, is it OK to just say the file to be imported has been validated independently and so the file being validated is ok?

Just amazing where this gltf json has become with so much progress in standards-track definition of the various objects and documentation.
Sorry to not study more on this but me, from the gltf json structure and schema, still thinking how to assemble the various gltf files to compose a real node like the hanim Displacer. Still looks like to me that their use is to import some known set of json objects to replace various fields in various x3d concrete nodes. For instance, an animation channel with known behavior so that the author only needs to define the files for the fields and supply target Route(s) from-to the target fields. This is perfect for building a general purpose animation prototype when we use a standard humanoid where behaviors can be developed then reused from a library.
Thanks,
Joe
.