[x3d-public] [x3d] Spec Comment by on 19775-1: X3D Architecture - V4.0

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:13:24 PDT 2022

Thanks Michalis great someone knows openGL.
-Doug
deprecation > I see x3d as something for prototyping, so it would have some
rarely-used-in-practice features, and allow crazy permutations, which game
engine designers could try and pick the things they need for their game
engine. Perhaps there could be a Game Engine Profile for things actually
used at scale? Example I'm trying cubemaps to get regular texture
treatment, including multitexturing, and (stretch) combining cubemaps with
2D textures in a multitexture. Why, where is the 'market demand'? There is
none. Except clearing out special cases in the code makes it more general,
more crazy permutations possible. Perhaps there could be a Crazy
Permutation Prototyping Profile which still has full permutations of
Multitexturing?