[x3d-public] Better hand tracking with Meta Quest 2

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:41:26 PDT 2022

https://github.com/AdaRoseCannon/handy-work

Seems useful for dealing with high level gestures instead of mesh/hanim
data.   But I haven’t tried it yet.   I have LeapMotion and Quest 2.

Has anyone tried Handy-Work with Web3D, created a Web Component—anything
like that?

What I’m looking for is programming with gestures and prosthetics, novel
input devices which won’t crunch my hands/wrists.   If it can be used for
the deafblind, cool!

What X3D Sensor nodes are available for gestures and prosthetics—haptics?
I’m thinking of advanced work TBD in X3D4.1

John