[x3d-public] removeNamedNode removes DEF children?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 16:03:50 PDT 2022

A question for x3dom about removing nodes came up. Consider this fragment:

<Group DEF='outer'>

  <Group DEF='inner'>

  </Group>

</Group>

<Group USE='inner'/>

Now the SAI is used to remove 'outer' Group from the Scene, with a
removeNamedNode('outer') call.

Should the 'inner' DEF node also be removed? A) Yes. This would mean that
the USE node also would be removed, and not rendered.

B) No. Just the inner instance of the 'inner' node is removed but not the
other USE instance.

This ought to be well defined but I couldn't decide myself. I think x3dom
does B).

Andreas

--on the phone---