[x3d-public] Over next several weeks, I will be ramping up

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Tue Dec 20 04:46:19 PST 2022

I do not think any of those libraries implement tesselation, if by tesselation you mean a function that you can pass a high-level description of a geometry , a description being a set of parameters for a  primitive shape, or a larger set for a parametrically defined geometry such as NURBS, and that function returns some kind of mesh. It looks like you need some high powered code such as OpenCascade, C++ with Python binding available. I periodically try to explore whether WebAssembly is a viable way to make this code base work in the browser, with no positive results so far.

In short, I would judge that in-browser tesselation is not yet a useful option to pursue.

Vince Marchetti