[x3d-public] Fwd: X3D to Unity, Unreal, Blender, glTF, etc

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:48:43 PDT 2022

More detail on previous approaches.

Could something multithreaded be done?

John

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 7:24 PM
Subject: X3D to Unity, Unreal, Blender, glTF, etc

Jeff, would you be interested in helping write or design an AST in python
based off of x3d.py that would output Unreal C++ code?

See:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/python/x3dinput.py

But in addition to parseJSON, we would have outputUnreal.

Another approach is:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/python/x3djsonld.py

But generate Unreal C++ instead of python.

At this point, I’m just looking for the right approach.   The later is
really messy code, I think.   The former might be auto generated.

Your thoughts are welcome!

John