[x3d-public] X3D meeting minutes 8 APR 2022: C/C++/C#, binding events under inactive branches of Switch or LOD

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:25:25 PDT 2022

PointProperties.markerType
In theory the markerType symbols/patterns could be done with either
a)  2D mesh/triangles/geometry with texture coords for each vertex OR
b) splat/sprite texture on simple 2-triangle rectangle
For a) 2D mesh approach, any Appearance.ImageTexture would be applied as
texture on the geometry
-- if that is the default interpretation/benchmark, and a browser wants to
implement as b) splat, then a similar effect would need to be achieved when
combining appearance texture with splat texture.
-Doug