[x3d-public] Minimum legal root node

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 19:54:56 PDT 2022

➢ My guess is #name is used as a selector to pull a specific node inside the JSON.

Right, we need a good way to get data for an x3d node’s field by specifying the .json file name and  whatever hierarchy of names gets to the desired data field.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 2:10 PM Joseph D Williams <joedwil at earthlink.net> wrote:
>From another discussion:

• > Shape { url='library.gltf#name }

showing example use of gltf in x3d, is this a case where it is not quite right to have a shape as a root node? Except that is, if the root node is a Shape using gltf? The gltf ‘node’ contains the stuff for a shape and its transform in its parent space. It is the lack of a parent grouping node that makes the use of Shape as a root node a problem, but the gltf node holds both.
Thanks,
Joe