[x3d-public] Paperwork, request for Angular 13 help, TODO Items

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:46:23 PDT 2022

I was looking at this

https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf

And I saw X3DJSONLD mentioned, asking if we could convert it to JavaScript
API.

No.   The only thing we might consider standardizing is a method for
consider JS objects as is currently done.

We already have 2 somewhat incompatible SAIs for JS and I think it would be
better to standardize what Andreas has already done, rather than introduce
a competitor.  Let’s not water down our efforts.
=========
I need someone to help with an Angular peerjs problem, but I may bail and
go with Svelte or Meteor.  Please contact me if you’re interested.   I hope
I have covered all but the hardest hurdles.

I need help compiling C/C++/C# on windows 10.
==========

Putting our efforts into C/C++/C# and cleaning up what we have in JSON is
time well spent.  Adding fields to scripts in X3DOM should be high
priority, if not already done.  Also, Blender import/export is good to work
on.  Finalizing JSON conversion to python with x3djsonld.py should probably
be placed on a second tier, we already have a good solution.

I have been branching out with WebRTC, and I may consider X3D JSON
transmission over WebRTC a worthwhile goal at some point.  The “Grasshopper
Academy” may point the way to entering virtual worlds with other people on
the web, including voice and  video.   We already have some video textures
with BigBuckBunny.  And I demoed one of my videos with WebRTC years ago now.

17 days and counting down.