[x3d-public] Notation of X3Dv4 Appearance.alphaCutoff

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Nov 28 19:55:46 PST 2021

Thanks for your careful checking to notice this mismatch, Holger.

The Spotlight field is legacy and field naming ought to stay stable after all this time.

The Appearance field is part of glTF and so we kept the same name capitalization for consistency.

  *   https://www.khronos.org/registry/glTF/specs/2.0/glTF-2.0.html#alpha-coverage
  *   https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models/blob/master/2.0/AlphaBlendModeTest/README.md

So, the difference seems unfortunate but something we probably ought to live with.

There are already rules in X3D Schematron to detect mismatched capitalization, perhaps other diagnostics are possible too.

Any other opinions or ideas?

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman