[x3d-public] HAnim skin normal examples ?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:20:04 PST 2021

We came across a few issues with skin normals in HAnim which would
benefit form input:

https://github.com/x3dom/x3dom/issues/1165#issuecomment-932518684

Here is a working example:

https://jsitor.com/yZ_Bg3lxQt

Are there other examples ? It would be great to have more examples.

The spec. may not be quite clear on how the mapping from coordIndex to
normalIndex works ? I think it needs to go through the IFS but I am
not sure where I can find that in the spec.

Another question is how multiple coords can refer to the same normal
list entry. Are automatic copies of normals required ? If a normal has
been related to a coord, another coord has to be related to a copy of
the normal.

Would it be more common to have a one to one mapping between vertices
and normals ?

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch