[x3d-public] GraalVM: Opinions?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:21:28 PST 2021

It looks like Java is moving towards running WASM code.  See:

https://www.graalvm.org/reference-manual/wasm/

This is with Java 17 I think. (18-ea is what I’m running on the latest
Kubuntu).

While this is all very experimental at this point (you have to add WASM to
graalvm with gu),  it seems like language runtimes are moving into multiple
“bytecode” languages.  Perhaps we can hope that Java will soon run .NET.

John