[x3d-public] X3D minutes 30 APR 2021: Mantis issues triage yields many possible corrections

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun May 2 17:54:09 PDT 2021

With help from Vince and Nicholas, Dick and completed triage review of all X3D4 "assigned" issues.  List attached.

The majority of these are small and editorial, with many contributed by Roy Walmsley.

Some issues will require technical resolution since they are central to X3D4 semantics.  Other issues were deferred as future work for X3D4.1 (for example, MultiTouchSensor).

Today I went through all of the "acknowledged, unassigned" issues and promoted several dozen to the list for V4.0 resolution.  A number are old and Mantis seems unable to modify the assignment status, we will sort those out regardless.

There is a whopping total of 242 issues here!  Most are editorial, some are likely complete already, but this will take time.  When all of the ballot comments are received in about a month, we will have a series of specification editors meetings to resolve and update the Committee Draft (CD) specification in github using our tried-and-true CSS styles for full review clarity.

Meanwhile our 2021 schedule for other specs is completely blown, we likely can't pursue them until these expected editorial corrections are executed.  Maybe complete with Architecture refinements this summer...

* Web3D Mantis Issues Tracker
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Silver-lining department: the extremely high-quality X3D Architecture specification will become even more precise.

Dick and I will continue with this week's ISO submission schedule below.  Thanks for all contributions.