[x3d-public] HAnim2: X3DUOM to LOA[0-4] Humanoid example

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 28 16:47:19 PDT 2021

Thanks for thinking ahead on this John.

Regarding HAnim skeleton hierarchy: Yes, if you look in X3DUOM, you will find that each joint and segment name also indicates its parent.

Next steps:

a. partially complete, is to get all of the default LOA4 values are in the x3d schema and X3DUOM.

b. save out LOA3 example and update it with LOA4 joints/segments/sites

c. continue building test cases for X3D Schematron and X3dTidy.

Given the immense amount of detail involved, difficulties in thorough validation, and importance of the human skeleton for medical use, I think it is critically important that we have correct examples that are thorough and repeatable.

Not as glamorous or some other tasks, but it is crucial to have a stable basis and testable framework if we are to proceed successfully & scalably.  More work is needed.

Looking forward to further progress together.