[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web minutes 16 March: meeting plans, structuring MetadataSet vocabularies in X3D4, preparing for SPARQL queries

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 18 21:28:40 PDT 2021

thanks.  typically there are always multiple typed set methods available for each field.  Netbeans and javadoc and source all show alternatives.

if you find something simple missing, like
- MetadataStringObject setValue (SFStringObject somethingNew) or
- MetadataStringObject setValue (String newValue)

then i will be happy to add it and also ensure the pattern is repeated everywhere else appropriate.

On 3/18/2021 6:54 AM, John Carlson wrote:

> I suspect, but have not confirmed that jsail MetadataString setName returns the SAI MetadataString interface, not the jsail one required for setValue.
>
> I will look that up.

why wonder ever again??  8)