[x3d-public] X3D minutes 5, and 12 March 2012: outreach activity, HAnim, metadata explorations, X3D Ontology, glTF examples

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Mar 17 13:41:03 PDT 2021

Thanks Michalis.  Agreed this is important to sort out.

Difference of opinion:  I think we can safely relax the prohibition as follows

	The construct "string3" *is* a valid single-array-value instance of an MFString. Such an MFString can also be properly specified as
	'"string3"'
	or
	'"string3"'
	or
	""string3""

This use of a singleton value is already the case for grammar in ClassicVRML encoding.

	The construct "string3" is equivalent to [ "string3" ] or simply "string3" in ClassicVRML encoding.

Clarifications for backslash can always help, I don't have an opinion yet on what you've said.  We do have writeups in Mantis and perhaps-several example test scenes.

Will continue preparations and put this on weekly agenda in near future, though likely not this week.