[x3d-public] HAnim hand model improvements, small geometry improvements needed

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Mar 15 23:15:33 PDT 2021

Very good, thanks Joe and John.

I added Joint and Site values that were locatable in spec to the schema.  Please check my work (latest is third link).

* HumanoidAnimation X3D Examples Archive
   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation

* HAnim2 name / HAnim1 alias tables
   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/HAnim2NameHAnim1AliasTables.txt

* HAnim2 default values for Joint, Segment and Site (feature point) nodes
   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/HAnim2DefaultValuesJointsFeaturePoints.txt

So Joe, you got your wish!  8)

We only have about 50% coverage of LOA 4 positions.  Folks other than me will need to come up with missing values (and visualization geometry corrections to the LOA4 hand models).

I can add missing values to the official inventory, and will stay focused on tool diagnosis (X3D Schema, X3DUOM, X3D Schematron) and corrections (X3D Tidy).

Specification errata will be possible to record and convincingly apply if we get all these LOA models working satisfactorily.  More work is ahead.

Have fun with HAnim!  8)