[x3d-public] LIRCom for use in TCP messaging

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:11:44 PST 2021

If anyone wants to take the "Non-single native language" approach, I
submit (Language Independent Relay Communications):

https://github.com/coderextreme/lircom/

The message routing layer should be independent of any English (uses
source routing), except for retaining what language the message was
written in. In other words, you are attached to a route through the network.

There are English Channels and Danish Kanals as plugins.

This was designed as a international chat system, not strictly
hierarchical network. Repeated messages are filtered.

But typically, I just hook up the user interface to IRC at this point,
using the Martyr library.  Previous chat implementations included
Flashchat and my own system design.

I have a solitaire game, chat with TTS (Linux, Windows and Mac), a
broken translator which could be fixed (anyone?), and a hypergraph editor.

Unfortunately, the layer above the message transport for solitaire and
hypergraph is English, perhaps the closest affiliation is something like SQL

One can program bots by using a channel plugin.

I have recently tested the Hypergraph editor, which uses JOGAMP, and a
Linux TTS (use linda or john for a nickname, and enable or toggle sound
in File menu) for the chat.

I would be open to devising a UDP system, or another Java network
implementation (Jini?).

I am also open to using LIRCOM protocol on top of websockets.  I just
haven't gotten there yet.  I have another chat server written with socket.io

I would be interested in someone (me?) creating code to hook into
discord servers.