[x3d-public] X3D-Edit release announcement: Cobweb support, rotation calculator, more

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:56:37 PST 2021

Can't install X3D-Edit from zip on Kubuntu Groovy Gorilla, x64, OpenJDK 15:

https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/X3D-Edit3.3.zip

coderextreme at coderextreme-Kubuntu20:~/Downloads/X3D-Edit$ bash
runX3dEditUnix.sh
X3D-Edit for Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics scenes
https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit
Unrecognized VM option 'UseConcMarkSweepGC'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
coderextreme at coderextreme-Kubuntu20:~/Downloads/X3D-Edit$ java -version
openjdk version "15" 2020-09-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 15+36-Ubuntu-1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 15+36-Ubuntu-1, mixed mode, sharing)

Will attempt to build from source at this point, I guess.

John